NBS more widely accepted and promoted at COP28
Nature-based solutions were more broadly accepted and promoted at COP28 than in recent years, as part of a suite of strategies to address climate change, which also includes transitioning to renewable energy sources and nuclear (as opposed to fossil fuels), reducing energy consumption, etc.
Some of the key strengths of NBS highlighted include:
- immediate positive impacts
- actionable at various scales (including small-scale)
- improves tourism
- relatively cost-effective compared to some other climate mitigation initiatives
- can create employment opportunities
- tangible and easy to understand
- allows for grassroots action
Read the full article here.